THE IMPORTANCE OF ROOF MAINTENANCE
Proper roof maintenance provides homeowners with several benefits. Many homeowners tend to concentrate a lot on the interior of their house in terms of sidings, proper windows, wall paint, accessories, furniture and much more. However, one very important part of the house is the roofing and unless that is maintained properly, it can suffer damages which may lead to costly implications.
Maintenance and repairs are an important part of the process of keeping your roof functioning properly. The importance of maintenance and repairs is for you to have a long lasting beauty of your roof. Having your roof properly maintained can help in extending its life span. If you want to know how to properly maintain your roof, you need to understand the basic repair and maintenance instructions.
- Regular Inspection- This is a practice that you must follow. Very often, you tend to overlook it till it is too late and you start getting problems. As a homeowner, you need to look at the state of your roof at least twice a year so that timely action in terms of any repair can be done. If needed, you can visit the neighbor’s house and look at your roof from there to get a true perspective of the condition of the roof. You also need to check out whether the chimney flashings are okay.
- Check out for the presence of any vegetation- Growth of vegetation like moss within the gutter can create a lot of problems and they need to be cleared on time to ensure that they do not obstruct passage of water. Moss also attracts moisture as well as dampness and this can damage the roof during winter. It is, therefore, important to take care of this problem during summer when roof cleaning is much easier.
- Prompt action- If you do happen to notice a leaking roof, your action needs to be prompt and quick. Such roofing problems can quickly aggravate itself and cause you other kinds of problems that would take effort, money and time to clear. Some warning signs to look for are broken slates, missing shingles, daylight penetration and any mortar droppings.
- Seek professional advice- It is not advisable to leave roofing maintenance to amateurs. You must take the help of experts who know the nuances of the job and will do the needful without any hassle. Work done by amateurs can lead to cost overruns and the work can be shoddy.
- Take estimates- Make sure that you get a number of roof estimates to enable you to compare rates, services and make an empowered decision. After all, besides competency, you also need to look at your budget and whether you can afford the services.
Roofing maintenance is something you cannot afford to ignore and following the steps above should ensure that you are not neglecting your roof. In addition to good interiors, the roof needs to be looked after to enable you to command a good price for your house.
We are also experts in providing services such as:
- Roof Replacements
- Roof Inspections
- Roof Leak Repair
- Chimney Services
- Gutter Installation & Repairs
- Roof Cleaning
- Soffits and fascias
- Flat Roofing