FLAT ROOFING SERVICES IN BRANTFORD, ON
Flat roofs are known for various problems such as rainwater seeping into the house and major ponding. Some of the most common problems with flat roofs include poor thermal efficiency, workmanship and detailing. Over the years, however, the materials for flat roofs have improved.
Different Types of Flat Roofing
- Original flat roof- Original flat roofs are covered with zinc, lead, copper or other pliable metal. Flat roofs from the 1960s onwards have felt covering.
- Traditional cold felt flat roof- Flat roofs produced from the 1950s to 60s had various coverings. The most common styles on residential properties were felt with flabby chipping covering. Traditional cold felt flat roofs have ceiling joists on which a decking is placed. Felt is then added in different number of layers as a roof finish. Today, this kind of flat roof is known as a cold deck flat roof. This is because it doesn’t have insulation in it.
- Modern traditional cold felt flat roof- Traditional roofs now have insulation between the roof joists to offer energy saving and thermal efficiency. The heat inside your home won’t escape through the flat roof, helping you save on your energy bills as well.
- Modern flat roofs- Improvements have been made to flat roofs to meet the needs of homeowners and business establishments that prefer such roofing option. There are different kinds of modern flat rooms to choose from. You can get a single-ply roof system, which range from thermoplastics and rubber roofing systems that are the most popular. Green roofs or living roofs are also gaining popularity. These roofs are designed to have a grass like flora growing from the roof.
Flat Roofing Services We Offer
- Flat Roof Replacement
- Flat Roof Leak Detection
- Flat Roof Leak Repair
- Flat Roof Installation
Which Flat Roof Material Should You Choose?
One of the most popular roofing materials is a single ply sheet that’s custom made for waterproofing a flat roof. The material is laid onto the roof boarding and is supported by the roof beams. Insulating material is placed in the space between the two. Until recently, the most common material for flat roofs was bituminous felt set in 3 layers. The first layer is nailed down and the upper two are bonded to the one underneath using various adhesion methods. A solid bitumen-based compound may be heated to make it liquid and then poured onto the underlying felt.
Aside from being a complicated, time-consuming and a messy job, you might make costly mistakes during the process. You may fail to make your roof weather-proof. When a roof leak occurs, it is typically difficult to determine its location source. The new rubber-based flat roofs are a cheaper and more convenient option. It’s also easy to find a supplier of rubber roofing materials.
If you are looking for the best provider of flat roof repair, flat roof replacement, flat roof construction, and flat roof installation, Straight Arrow Roofing in Brantford, ON is the perfect choice for you.
We are also experts in providing services such as:
- Roof Replacements
- Roof Inspections
- Roof Leak Repair
- Chimney Services
- Gutter Installation & Repairs
- Roof Cleaning
- Soffits and fascias